Welcome to DPP!
Denver Pet Partners (DPP) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing the Human-Animal Bond in order to improve the quality of life, benefit human-animal interaction and enhance animal-assisted interaction (AAI) services in Colorado. Founded in 2001, we are inclusive of AAI volunteers, professionals and associated organizations. DPP has over 150 current members who embrace the DPP Mission “to deliver excellence in animal-assisted interaction and enhance the wellness of people through AAI services, networking, education, advocacy, research and resource development.”
DPP has an outstanding record of achieving the following goals:
- Increasing awareness of the positive health effects of animal-assisted interaction
- Advancing the incorporation of therapeutic AAI that enhances quality of life and recovery of persons and their families
- Fostering communication and support among AAI volunteers, professional practitioners and related associations
- Furthering the study of psychosocial and social effects of AAI through research and continuing education
- Advocating for programs and policies to ensure excellent service delivery of AAI for all recipients
- Promoting liaison activities with other AAI groups and professional Human-Animal Interaction organizations
- Promoting the highest professional standards and ethics in the practice of AAI
DPP is proud of its collaboration on the Pet Partners® Handler Training Course, an internationally-utilized training and assessment program for handler-animal therapy teams, our membership in the International Association of Human-Animal Interaction Organizations (IAHAIO), our affiliation with the national Pet Partners organization, and our partnership with other regional non-profits through the Colorado Non-Profit Organization. We have conducted over 60 successful handler training courses and invite you to attend one of our upcoming workshops. We have evaluated over 1,500 therapy teams for their skill and aptitude to deliver safe, effective AAI. We have had the privilege of presenting at and participating in international and national conferences in the past with the American Humane Association, Pet Partners® and IAHAIO.
Our members volunteer/practice in healthcare, child welfare and education, including hospitals, outpatient clinics, rehab centers, hospice agencies, schools, homeless shelters and other settings. We connect persons interested in AAI with community, national, and international resources. We do this as part of the human-animal bond team. We are as diverse as the clients and communities we serve.
- Denver Pet Partners is not a service dog organization. To learn about service dogs, please click here.
- Denver Pet Partners does not provide teams on an “on call” basis for visiting private homes or for individual visits to non-registered facilities.
- If you would like to begin a visiting animal program at your facility, please start by contacting our national Pet Partners affiliate organization. Visit this page on the national Pet Partners website for more details.
- If you are interested in learning how to become a Pet Partner team, please visit this page.
- DPP members and students may contact our local office at email@example.com.