TEAM EVALUATION WITH SKILLS & APTITUDE ASSESSMENT
Evaluations will take place with approximately one Pet Partners team evaluation every 45 minutes. You must bring the following items to the evaluation. If you do not, you will not be evaluated that day. There are no exceptions to this requirement so please read carefully and come prepared.
- Completed Handler’s Questionnaire
- Animal’s current rabies vaccination certificate or vaccination records from veterinarian
- Certificate of completion (for either the online or instructor-led handler training course) for new teams; Pet Partners badge for renewing teams
- Towel or blanket if animal is to be carried (e.g. cat or small dog under 16 lbs)
- Acceptable collar or harness (e.g., flat buckle or Gentle Leader. NO slip or choke )
- Acceptable leash (e.g., 4 ft. or 6 ft. leather or nylon lead. NO leashes over 6 feet in )
- Animal’s brush (an acceptable visit brush is one that is soft with no metal bristles)
- A treat for one of the exercises which involves having the evaluator offer your animal a treat. Please bring an appropriate treat for your animal – DPP does not provide treats for this exercise. No other treats are allowed in the evaluation room.
See this document for more information on Pet Partners’ approved equipment.
The evaluation is considered a simulated visit. Both the animal and the handler should be groomed and/or dressed appropriately as if they were going on a volunteer visit. (No jeans, shorts, or open-toed shoes)
If a team is scored “Not Ready” on evaluation day, that team can retest as early as the next day. The Pet Partners Handler Course certificate is accepted for registration as long as the class/course was completed within 2-years of registration (i.e., you have 2 years from completion of handler training to successfully evaluate and register).
Fees: DPP member – $25 per handler-animal team
Non-DPP member – $30 per handler-animal team
Cancellation policy: No refunds will be provided for cancellations regardless of reason.
IMPORTANT: Prerequisite for Being Evaluated the First Time – To be evaluated by Pet Partners, you must have completed the Pet Partners Handler Training course. This course may be taken online or at a class conducted by a qualified Pet Partners instructor. You must confirm that you have met this pre-requisite on your registration form and bring your certificate of completion to the evaluation. Also, dogs must not be on a raw-food diet or living in a household in which other dogs are on a raw food diet.
Please complete the form below to register for an upcoming Pet Partners evaluation provided by Denver Pet Partners. Be sure to select the date for which you are registering. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.