Therapy Animal Handler Workshop
The intensive Pet Partners Handler Workshop is taught by an experienced licensed Instructor. It combines lecture, discussion, and role playing and covers the fundamental information needed to register as a Pet Partner team. Topics include:
- Volunteers – Responsibilities
- Animals – Advocating for your pet; recognizing stress; reading body signals
- Visiting – Preparing for and executing a successful visit
- Facilities – Types of facilities; risk management; basic protocol
- Evaluation – What to expect and how to set you and your pet up for success (there is an actual demonstration of the complete evaluation)
NOTE #1: This training is for the Handler Only – No animals are allowed in the classroom.
NOTE #2: It is the policy of DPP that workshop attendees younger than 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will sign the indemnity form AND register to attend the workshop. This reflects the policies in many facilities that registered handlers younger than 16 must be accompanied by a trained parent/guardian when visiting with their therapy animal.
Before registering, confirm that you meet the requirements for becoming a Pet Partners team by visiting this page.
Course fee: $100.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Please notify us as soon as possible if you will be unable to attend. Refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please complete the online form below to register for an upcoming Pet Partners Handler Workshop provided by Denver Pet Partners. Be sure to select the date for which you are registering. When choosing to complete the online form you must pay via PayPal (or use a credit card). If you have any questions, or if you wish to receive a PDF version of the registration form to print and mail (and send a check), please contact us at email@example.com.