The following websites can help you find the best prices on books. They really do work so give them a try!
Or you can go straight to Amazon.com and look there!
- Volunteering With Your Pet: How to Get Involved in Animal-Assisted Therapy With Any Kind of Pet. Burch, Mary R., Howell Book House, 1996
- Therapy Dogs: Training Your Dog to Reach Others. Diamond-Davis, Kathy, Howell Book House, 1992
- Companion Animals in Human Health. Wilson, Cindy C. & Turner, Dennis C., Sage Publications, 1998
- Animal-Assisted Therapy: Theoretical Foundations and Guidelines for Practice. Fine, Aubrey, Academic Press, 2000
- Therapy Pets: The Animal-Human Healing Partnership. Crawford, Jaqueline J., and Pomerinke, Karen A.. Prometheus Books, 2003
- Therapy Dogs Today: Their Gifts, Our Obligation. Butler, Kris. Funpuddle Publishing Associates. March 2004.
Diet and Nutrition
- Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats. Kymythy R. Schultze, CCN, AHI
- Natural Remedies for Dogs and Cats. CJ Puotinen
- Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. Richard H. Pitcairn, DVM, PhD and Susan Hubble Pitcairn
- Give Your Dog a Bone. Dr. Ian Billinghurst
- Why is Cancer Killing Our Pets. Deborah Straw
- Food Pets Die For. Ann N. Martin
- Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog (second edition). Wendy Volhard and Kerry Brown, DVM
- The Veterinarian’s Guide to Natural Remedies for Dogs. Martin Zucker
- The Culture Clash. Donaldson, Jean
- Don’t Shoot the Dog (revised edition). Pryor, Karen
- The Power of Positive Dog Training. Miller, Pat
- Train Your Dog the Lazy Way. Arden, Andrea
- Dog-Friendly Dog Training. Arden, Andrea
- Dogs are from Neptune. Donaldson, Jean
- Karen Pryor’s Clicker Training Start Up Kit. Pryor, Karen
- Toolbox of Remodeling Your Problem Dog. Ryan, Terry
- Clicker Training for Obedience. Spector, Morgan
- The Other End of the Leash. McConnell, Patricia
The following are more scientific, with data provided:
- Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Small Animals. Karen Overall, MA, DVM, PhD.
- Pet Behavior Protocols. Suzanne Hetts, PhD.
- How Dogs Learn. Mary R. Burch, PhD and Jon S. Bailey, PhD.
- Excel-erated Learning. Pamela J. Reid, PhD.
- Readings in Companion Animal Behavior. Victoria Voith, DVM, PhD. And Peter L. Borchelt, PhD.
- Canine Neuropsychology for Dog Behavior Counselors and Trainers. James O’Heare.
- Canine Aggression Workbook. James O’Heare.
- Dog Behavior: An Owner’s Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pet (social behavior for all stages). Ian Dunbar.
- Genetics and the Social Behavior of the Dog. Scott Fuller.
- New Knowledge of Dog Behavior. Clarence Pfaffenberger.
- Aggression in Dogs – Practical Management, Prevention, and Behavior Modification. Brenda Aloff.
- Dog Language. Roger Abrantes, PhD.
Periodicals and Magazines
- Whole Dog Journal – training and nutrition: 1-800-424-7887.
- Your Dog – training and health issues. Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, 1-800-829-5116
- Dog Watch – training and health. Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, 1-800-829-5574
- Dog Fancy – dog and breed articles, 1-800-456-6049