Denver Pet Partners (DPP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the Human-Animal Bond to improve quality of life, benefit human-animal interaction and enhance animal-assisted interaction services in Colorado. Founded in 2001, DPP is inclusive of animal-assisted interaction volunteers, professionals and associated organizations.
To deliver excellence in animal-assisted interventions (AAI) and enhance the health and wellness of people through:
- AAI Services
To expand the horizons of animal-assisted interaction by creating strategic, innovative initiatives to enhance societal awareness of the Human-Animal Bond as a pivotal force in creating healthy communities and improving the quality of life.
- Increase awareness of the positive health effects of animal-assisted interaction (AAI).
- Advance the incorporation of therapeutic AAI to enhance quality of life and recovery of people and their families.
- Foster communication and support among AAI volunteers, professional practitioners and related associations.
- Further the study of the psychological and social effects of AAI through research and continuing education.
- Advocate for programs and policies to ensure excellent service delivery of AAI for all recipients.
- Promote collaboration with other AAI groups and professional Human-Animal Interaction organizations.
- Promote the highest professional standards and ethics in the practice of animal-assisted interactions.
We insist upon ethical behavior in all things, inspiring trust by saying and doing what we mean and taking responsibility for our actions.
We achieve together what none of us could do alone.
Respect for the Individual:
We nurture and actively promote broad and diverse membership engagement. We listen to, support and genuinely care about one another through a mutually-supportive environment.
We will be responsive and relevant to one another by continually investing in our members and by nurturing long-term, value-driven relationships with our affiliates, our partners and all others with whom we collaborate.
Pet Partners Code of Ethics
The honor and credibility of a professional lies in their adherence to an exemplary code of ethics set forth as a guide to the members. The purpose of this code is far-reaching because exemplary professional conduct not only upholds honor and dignity, but also enlarges our sphere of usefulness, exults our social standards, and promotes the science we cultivate.
Pet Partners’ Code of Ethics is intended to be used as a guide for promoting and maintaining the highest standards of ethical behavior. The code applies to all Animal-Assisted Therapy/Animal-Assisted Activities personnel, whether volunteer or professional. Acceptance of membership in Pet Partners implies adherence to these principles.
- Perform duties that are consistent with your position and training.
- Abide by the professional ethics of your profession and organizations.
- Demonstrate a belief in and attitude of reverence for all life.
- At all times, treat all animals, all people and the environment with respect, dignity and sensitivity, maintaining the quality of life and experience for all who are involved.
- Be informed and educated about the aspects and issues that are related to AAI.
- Demonstrate commitment, responsibility and honesty in all phases of your activities.
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws and Pet Partners policies that govern AAI.