Denver Pet Partners does not train animals. We educate the human end of the leash (the Handler) as an animal-assisted intervention (AAI) volunteer for facilities and events in the Denver area.
Pet Partners® Volunteering with Your Pet Course
This is a free informational session that will introduce you to the Pet Partners therapy animal program. You’ll learn about the work therapy animals and handlers do, the requirements to be a registered handler/animal team, and the process of becoming registered. This class is designed for those who are interested in becoming therapy animal handlers.
This course is being offered on the following dates in 2022 (via Zoom):
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 (10am – noon)
- Saturday, October 1, 2022 (10am – noon)
To register, please contact Denver Pet Partners at email@example.com.
Pet Partners® Therapy Animal Handler Course
This required course can be taken either in person or online and provides information and training that will prepare you to volunteer effectively with your animal as a Pet Partners therapy animal team in a variety of environments. The in-person course is a great opportunity to ask questions of an experienced Pet Partners volunteer and make connections in your local community. You must complete and pass either the online or in-person handler course before attending your team evaluation. There is a fee for this course.
This course is being offered IN-PERSON on the following date(s) in 2022:
- Saturday, April 30, 2022 (9am-5pm at Rocky Vista University, 8401 S. Chambers Road, Parker, CO) (Note: This workshop is FULL).
- Saturday, August 20, 2022 (9am-5pm at Rocky Vista University, 8401 S. Chambers Road, Parker, CO)
For information on the online course, please go to this page.
Pet Partners® Team Evaluations
Pet Partners Team Evaluations will be held on the following dates:
- Saturday, June 4, 2022 (@Rocky Vista University, 8401 S. Chambers Rd., Parker CO 80134) (Note: These evaluations are FULL.)
- Sunday, June 5, 2022 (@Rocky Vista University, 8401 S. Chambers Rd., Parker CO 80134)
- (Note: These evaluations are FULL.)
- Saturday, September 10, 2022 (@Rocky Vista University, 8401 S. Chambers Rd., Parker CO 80134)