Therapy Animal Handler Workshop
The intensive Pet Partners Handler Workshop is taught by an experienced licensed Instructor. It combines lecture, discussion, and role playing and covers the fundamental information needed to register as a Pet Partner team. Topics include:
- Volunteers – Responsibilities
- Animals – Advocating for your pet; recognizing stress; reading body signals
- Visiting – Preparing for and executing a successful visit
- Facilities – Types of facilities; risk management; basic protocol
- Evaluation – What to expect and how to set you and your pet up for success (there is an actual demonstration of the complete evaluation)
NOTE #1: This training is for the Handler Only – No animals are allowed in the classroom.
NOTE #2: It is the policy of DPP that workshop attendees younger than 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will sign the indemnity form AND register to attend the workshop. This reflects the policies in many facilities that registered handlers younger than 16 must be accompanied by a trained parent/guardian when visiting with their therapy animal.
Before registering, confirm that you meet the requirements for becoming a Pet Partners team by visiting this page.
Course fee: $100.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: To assist our instructors and evaluators with planning, registrations and payment must be received 3 weeks before the event. We do not provide refunds for cancellations or for missed classes/evaluations. Non-refunded fees will be considered a donation to our nonprofit organization. Thank you!
Please complete the form below and click Proceed to Payment to pay the registration fee using PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account – you may provide a credit card as well. Please contact Marcia Hanes (email@example.com) with any questions.